Dr. Andrew Wassef M.D.
Fellowship-Trained & Board-Certified Joint Replacement Specialist
Dr. Wassef is a joint replacement specialist who is fellowship-trained in hip, knee and shoulder replacement surgery.Book an Appointment
Board Certified - Diplomate of American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- Adult Reconstruction/Joint Replacement at St. Vincent Medical Center
- Joint Replacement Institute / L.A. Orthopaedic Institute, Los Angeles CA
- Orthopedic Surgery
- University of Toledo Medical Center
- Howard University College of Medicine, Washington, D.C.
- La Sierra University, Riverside, CA
- Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles, CA
- International Congress for Joint Reconstruction
- The American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons (AAHKS)
- The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- American College of Surgeons (ACS)
- American Medical Association (AMA)
- Long Beach Memorial Hospital, Long Beach CA
- Lakewood Regional Medical Center, Lakewood CA
- Torrance Memorial Medical Center
- Sports and Spine Surgery Center
- Cutting Edge Surgery Center
- Orthopedic Associate Medical Director, Monarch HealthCare Insurance
- Chair of Interdisciplinary Practice Committee, Lakewood Regional
- Medical Executive Committee, Lakewood Regional Medical Center
- Joint Operational Committee, Long Beach Memorial Medical Center
- Medical Director of Joint Replacement Center, Long Beach Memorial
- Associate Fellowship Director, L.A. Orthopedic Institute
- Senior Orthopedic Residency Instructor, Lakewood Regional Medical Center and Los Alamitos Med Center
Honors & Awards
- Vitals “On Time Doctor Award”, 2018
- Vitals “Patients’ Choice Award” and “Compassionate Doctor Recognition”, 2014-2018
- Resident Teacher of the Year, Orthopaedic Surgery, 2010
- Recipient – Biological Sciences Scholarship/Grant for research evaluating “clock genes” and the expression of period proteins using Western blotting and gel electrophoresis. 2001-2003
- Recipient – Arete Community Service Award, 2001
- Inducted – The Biological Honors Society ßßß LMU Chapter, 2001
- Recipient – The Dean’s List, 1998-99, 2002
Are You Ready To Recover?
Schedule an appointment to begin your recovery journey. We’ll be happy to walk with you every step of the way. If you can't find an appointment that fits your schedule, please call the office and we can try to accommodate you.Book an Appointment
Do you have any questions about our services? Ask away using the contact form below.
Meet Our Orthopedic Surgeons
Our caring and skilled doctors are board-certified in orthopedic surgery, pain management, nonsurgical spine treatments, and more. All treatments are fully personalized for each patient.